Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Recovery Week One ~The Bright Spots ~Kindness of Family and Friends ~Thank You

I have been home from the hospital for a week.
And I have spent the majority of that time resting.
A bright spot in my day is a FaceTime with Family…
Chatting with our Grandsons and their Mama in Massachusetts.

And getting Virtual Cuddles with our
Granddaughter in Georgia really make my day.

My only outing was out to our airport to scoop up our friends
as they returned home from their dream vacation.

Remember we had taken them to catch the early flight
 out three weeks ago. They had a wonderful time.
It was fun to hear all about it.

Then there’s Football Weekend.
Tailgating Food is a good opportunity to get some
 of that essential Sodium in my diet.

Hubby has had to take over all duties in the kitchen.
He’s already our Grill Master
and he can make a perfect over easy egg.

Now, he’s doing it all, with a little coaching
from my stool in the kitchen. 

We all donned our Bison Spirit Wear
and watched the game in the Man Cave.

The Handsome Neighbor Boys had spent their day
selling Boy Scout Popcorn. They stopped by later in the afternoon
to make sure I get my Popcorn Fix.

We have so many thoughtful friends with
Cute Cards like this.
Debra is also a Crazy Cat Lady, like me.

Our first visitor was April and her family.
 She had spent her day making Homemade Tortillas.

Naturally, our menu plan for the next day featured
Shredded Chicken Tacos.

Our longtime friend, Paula, came by for a little visit.
Means so much when someone takes half an hour
out of their busy schedule to just sit and chat.

With a neck brace, I won’t be able to wash my hair for eight weeks.
She grabbed some dry shampoo to bring, just to get me through
until I get some of those No-Rinse Shower Caps.

Our friend, Kari, stopped by to say Hi the next day.
She had a Gift Bag in hand.
Not sure how I’ve managed to get along
without a Pillow Pad for my iPad all these years?!

My favorite Kitchen Candle scent for Autumn
is now available at Target.

Darling Fall Paper plates will be most appreciated by Hubby,
as he is not only the Head Chef now, he is Chief Bottle Washer.

Thank you, Everyone for the Facebook messages,
phone calls, and Friendly Mail.
Your warm thoughts and prayers will help us
through this unfortunate situation.

And last but not least,
there’s the concern of an Emotional Support Pet.
Lizzie is always willing to take a little snooze 
when I need to lie down and rest.

I have three follow up appointments this week.
Hopefully I’ll be back with a good report.

Take care,
~Natalie 

No comments:

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...