Monday, December 8, 2008

Pizza ~ Everyone's Favorite

The Basic Foods class includes a unit in Homemade yeast dough...
We make dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls and of course, everyone's favorite, Homemade Pizza.

Pizza Crust
1 cup warm water
1 pkg. yeast
2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray pizza pan. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in flour, salt, and oil. Knead on counter, until dough forms a ball. Cover with a clean dish towel and let raise 5 minutes. Roll out dough on counter and place on pizza pan. Bake 8 minutes on bottom rack. Take out and add toppings. Bake additinal 10-12 minutes.
This crust is so easy to make and is so delicious. It turns out nearly every time. It is a favorite with our students.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome !!! Thanks so much Natalie ! It is late 10:50P.M. But I got it !
Hugs
Deb

Suzanne said...

That pizza looks so good. Love the easy recipe too. I'll definitely try it!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

That looks good Natalie! I bet your class is their favorite with all the good food they get to eat!

jodi said...

Thanks for the recipe. I can never get homemade pizza dough right and will be trying this recipe out.

Anonymous said...

Yum.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh that looks yummy...could I substitute whole wheat flour I wonder?

Sorry I am so behind, I am trying to play catch up and I need to fix all the links in my sidebar...

Hugs,
Robin

Renna said...

I've made pizza dough in my breadmaker, and used to make it by hand before my hands got where they hurt too bad. This recipe looks much simpler than the one I used to do by hand, though. I'm anxious to try it.

Debra said...

yum pizza sounds really good right now....

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...