Here's a little more about us. Hubby was born in this community and has lived here all his life. He has worked in retail and now for state government. He is a drummer in a jazz group and also for our church praise band. He enjoys golf and brewing his own beer.
I was born and raised in North Dakota. I came here to teach in 1978...so have called this my home for over half my life. I enjoy cooking & entertaining, sewing & crafting.
Our oldest daughter is 24. She graduated from UNL with a degree in Nutrition Science and is currently going to graduate school in the Physician Assistant Program.
Our youngest daughter is 20 and a junior in college. She studies Exercise Science with the Pre-Physical Therapy option. Right now, their hobbies include reading textbooks and studying.
Because today's post is all about getting to know us, I'm thinking it is a good time to catch up & share the blog awards I have received recently (two of them just this week and two of them earlier this spring). I am posting them in a group because the award criteria is similar...to share personal and honest tidbits about yourself. Please be patient while I go back and forth to hook up the links.
The sisterhood award was passed along to me earlier this spring by Della and by Kelly Maria.
I was nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by Carol and Kim.
Just this week, the Honest Scrap Award from Ramblin Mama.
And today I have received this Lovely Blog Award from Planet Treasures.
I hope that lumping them all together does not minimize the meaning and intent of the each award. I do appreciate each one. It is a compliment to know that someone in blogland is stopping in here.
And now before this starts to sound like the Academy Awards...
Here is the personal trivia, the honest tidbits...
- I am an only child
- I grew up on a farm...and can drive the tractor
- There were 10 people in my graduating class...5 boys, 5 girls
- I was a cheerleader in High School
- I was an overachiever in college...double major, double minor
- My oldest daughter is now my sister (Kappa Delta)
- My youngest daughter and I attend (attended) the same university...but 30 years apart.
- I had a baby and a Mater's Degree at the same time (1989)
- I like to get up early and wish I could stay awake later at night
- I cannot keep a plant alive but love pretty flower gardens
- I am 100% Norwegian, but the only thing I can say is 'Thanks for the meal'
- I may have inherited the 'too pretty to use' syndrome from my mom...but I'm working on that
- I drive an old car...but it's paid for
- I'm hoping to be retired in 5 years...or less
- I love to read other people's blogs..
So...now I must pass these along...this is the hardest part...because some of you like to get thse awards...and some of you don't...and I don't really think there is any in-between...