Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lovely Gifts from Norway and What'cha Working on Wednesday

Line presented our family with lovely gifts from her home country. This book is filled with beautiful photos of Norway...the scenic country side, the customs, the attractions, the people...I enjoy learning more about Line's background.


In another package...this cheese slicer of handmade Norwegian Pewter.








This necklace is special because it was made by Line's Mom's friend. It is black, silver and green...some of my favorite colors. Thank you so very much.










And what was I working on today? Time for the Annual Check-up at the Animal Health Clinic. Callie was skeptical at first...but soon we were all ready to go.






The ride in the car is perhaps the most stressful...can you see the eyes peering out as us?
At the clinic we received a clean bill of health. Callie lost a half a pound...Lucy gained a half a pound so they're even, I guess...

We have also spent some time preparing for Emily's return to college...washing the car...washing clothes. Since she does not have an ironing board, I pressed several items for her...

This is also County Fair Week...more on that another day...

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

what lovely gifts from your visitor. That necklace IS beautiful. you did her ironing??? Gosh, I wish you would move in with me. ;0

Farm Field Primitives said...

The necklace is beautiful. Very nice gifts. Your Emily reminds me of my Emily. Every picture of both of them shows a big beautiful smile. Must be the name. I'm glad your kitties made the trip okay. Mine do not like the experience at all and are glad they are done for the year also. Have a great day.

Your toes look great. I've never had a pedicure. What a special treat.

~Melissa~

Unknown said...

Lots has been happening in your household! That was very nice of Line to gift you with such special things. It's hard not helping our kids out; I would iron for mine, too. Have a great day!

Nancy

pam said...

Driving to the vet is so stressful. My cats cry and fuss the entire time.

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...