Saturday, April 3, 2010

Recharging My Batteries

After a week in Grand Forks, I found a 'window' of time to go home.  There were several items on our  agenda.
Line's family was visiting from Norway.  I definately wanted to meet them before they left yesterday.  We certainly enjoyed getting to know them.

Line was able to enjoy some quality time with her younger sister, June.  Some of you may enjoy checking out her blog.
Because Emily had her 21st birthday in March, her 'juvenile' drivers license was set to expire in about a week.  This had to be renewed in South Dakota...and they certainly don't make it convenient.  The exam station is open Tues-Thurs...ummm, so that means that most college students have to skip class to take care of this business.  Four years ago, Amy made the trip from UNL to renew her license in Yankton.  Emily was able to rearrange a lab in order to make the trip home and accomplish this mission.
BTW...these are just samples, in case someone is thinking about stealing her identity.
This weekend, I am enjoying the company of Scott, Emily and Jake.  We needed to postpone our visit to see Amy and Seth in Nebraska.
Mom's condition remains about the same.  She still receives her nutrition through IV's.  I think she is tired of ice chips and would like to try eating, but that is up to the doctors. 
The physical therapists have had her up for a short walk. 
The nurses here are so kind to her.  
 
Bonus...I got my 'kitty-fix' while I was home. 
In fact, Callie was hanging out with my bags...
perhaps hoping that she could return to Grand Forks with us.

I hope you are enjoying family and sunshine this weekend!

3 comments:

chellebelle said...

I hope you enjoy your weekend home, recharge while you can. It is wonderful to see Line's family.. My last name is Knutson, it always amuses me that my husband looks so like all of the Nordic folk.. (he really does!) I hope you have a safe journey back to your mom...

Unknown said...

Hi Natalie,
It's great seeing your photos. I hope you're able to get some rest and recharge this weekend. Easter blessings to you and your family!

Nancy

BeautifulDees said...

OH MY YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY. yOUR MOM IS A CUTE LITTLE THING. MY MOM HAS SHRUNK TO ABOUT 4FT 10INCHES, I FEEL LIKE A GIANT AT 5 FT 8 INCHES. HOPE YOU HAVE A RESTFUL EASTER.
LOVE YA,DEBBIE

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...