Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An Update on the Water

I want to thank everyone who stopped by and left such kind and caring comments yesterday.
I am accepting the fact that a house is just wood, glass, cement, metal and shingles...

I have visited with my mom, both of our girls, and my cousin, Carol Ann, and we all have wonderful memories of time spent on the family farm. These can never be erased.

There are families all over the Midwest...all over the country that have lost their homes to floods, tornadoes, hurricanes and wild fires...
(the above photos were taken of a community an hour east of here)
My heart breaks for all of you.

A young couple rents our farmhouse and takes care of the maintenance. 
Keep them in your prayers.
They have 3 young boys...
Horses...
a Dog...
and lots of Kitties.
They have all been displaced.

I talked to Lori this afternoon. The water had risen over the driveway by the time they left last night. This morning the water was up into the shop and into the hedge that surrounds the house. It is just a matter of time before it is into the house.

We all have good memories of that magnificent farmhouse.

Take  care,
~Natalie

13 comments:

Pat said...

Natalie,
My heart hurts for you and your family at losing this part of your history. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the families who have lost their homes because of the natural disasters hitting our country.
Pat

Doni said...

My prayers are with all the people that have been affected by this flooding...and after seeing it firsthand last week, I know how horrible it is up there. My husband and I live in Texas, but we travelled through Arkansas to go up to Poplar Bluff, but were turned away... on around to IH55 and then to Cape Geraudo. We went to see the Wall, and I was amazed at how high the water was...and terrified as well. The flooding was so bad on those days, I can't imagine it getting higher! I went into an antique shop that backed up to the Mississippi River, and though a bit scared to be so close to such a huge swollen river, enjoyed the shopping, but met a lovely lady who was raised on that farmland too...and I know after talking to her how difficult the decision to flood it instead of the city was...and so sorry it had to be that way.
May you all be safe and with your families, wherever you are, and may God bless you!
Doni

Brenda said...

Yes Natalie, you will ALWAYS have your memories!!

HUGS!
Brenda

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am thankful that you have so many wonderful, sweet memories of this home. Grasp them as tightly as you can.
Prayers for those who have NO home tonight.
You are all in my thoughts.
xoxoxo
Suz

Oklahoma Granny said...

I continue to pray for you and all those affected by flooding, those affected by the tornadoes, and those who are desperate for rain. While eastern Oklahoma has had their share of rain lately, western Oklahoma is in dire need of some.

Primitive Echoes said...

This is so sad, so many terrible things happening everywhere.I feel so bad, our prayers are with all those that are in the midst of this devastation.
Kat

M said...

Ohhhhh....

Suzanne said...

I feel for your family and the young family that rents your farmhouse and so many others throughout our nation.

Maureen said...

Natalie, your attitude is inspiring. My prayers continue for everyone effected by this wet,and violent spring.

Unknown said...

I just commented on your original post. I am so sorry Natalie. Praying for all those involved.

jodi said...

I am sorry for the loss of your farmhouse.
Hugs,

Jodi

Silvia said...

It is so sad to read:( You may have accepted it...but it still will hurt. Sending you lots of Hugs 'Form across the Pond'

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh my, I've been seeing this on the news. I'm so sorry Natalie. You have the right attitude about it although I imagine it still pains you. I hope the family will be alright.
xoxo,
Carol

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...