Monday, October 14, 2013

Some Times a Girl Just Needs her Mommy...

It has been a beautiful autumn here.
Hubby and I are now true empty nesters
( one daughter on the other side of the country, 
our other daughter on the other side of the globe,
and no foreign exchange students are living with us).

courtesy of google images

We're  adjusting smoothly to this next stage of our lifecycle...
we are both super busy at work, and we are enjoying
the time we spend with our friends.

And then, with one mis-step...
everything changed.

We went out to eat with our friends...
unfamiliar restaurant, dusk...
and I missed a step. 
Falling forward, I caught myself with my hands.

Yup, you guessed it!
My left wrist is sprained,
and my right wrist is broken.
Two weeks ago, I had surgery to insert a metal plate and screws.

I know...It was a ridiculous accident,
and I find myself in many riduculous situations!

You know, hands are necessary for almost everything you do.
(This is where a mommy, daughter, or sister would understand just what I need!)
Now, I am creating some innovative ways to use my elbows, knees, and feet to accomplish many ordinary, everyday tasks!


And, thanks to my sweet hubby, and our family and good friends,
I am managing. 

While there are moments when I start to feel sorry for myself,
I realize that there are folks that are facing a battle far worse than mine.

If you are facing some tough times,
hopefully, you have family and friends to support you.

Take care,
~Natalie

6 comments:

pam said...

Oh my goodness, how awful. When I hurt my shoulder, I was a amazed at how much I needed a shoulder - I can't imagine wrists and hands!! Take care.

jodi said...

Wrists and hands. Oh my, especially for your job. Hope that you get back to normal soon.

Linda said...

Sending you hugs. It's nice to see you back; I was worried that you had been snowed in or washed away in the floods. Now I see why you were absent from your blog! Hope everything heals very quickly.

Forty Two East said...

Sorry to read about your wrist. Hope you are feeling better.

Firecracker Kid said...

Whoa girl, slow down now! Ouch! Both wrists, my goodness I feel for you. Your hubby is gonna have to put you in a carrier... lol.
Empty nesters, except for your fur baby. What awesome photos! I love them :)
My Timmy is in NC with daughter for her graduation from Police academy. These times they are a changing. Take care darling and watch your step!
Blessings,
Carol

Kit said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. Sending lots of hugs. Take care and rest up. Kit

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...