Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Honoring our Veterans ~WW II Love Letters ~~and Say a Prayer for Those Who Continue to Serve Our Country.

This photo is of my daddy, taken in 1941.
He was so proud of his service in the Army.

Central High School hosted our community's 
Veterans Day Assembly.
It has always been one of my favorite days.

I have my mom's cedar chest in the bedroom downstairs.
In the cedar chest, this stationery box contains the precious letters that my daddy wrote to my mom while he was stationed overseas.

Notice in 1945, a postage stamp cost 3 cents.

And on occasion, servicemen could send a message for free.

This is so sweet...
My dad wasn't sure if my mom was his sweetheart or his friend.
I'm glad they figured that out.

This post would not be complete 
without a mention of our son-in-law, Nick.

He serves our country as 
a pilot with the United States Air Force.

Our daughter, Amy is always there by his side.
We are so proud of them both.

Stay safe...Love you...
Take care,
~Natalie

1 comment:

Attic Clutter said...

Oh how nice..
Your dad was so handsome too (:)
My dad was in the Navy..
hugs..P

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...