Friday, February 15, 2019

Remembering my Mom ~This Day, Six Years Ago

Those of you that have lost a parent will relate. 
Even tho’ you expect it will happen someday, 
when your mom dies, it creates a big hole in your heart.
I used to call her every day to chat, 
on my way home from school.

But this time of year, I miss her more than ever.
She had fallen several times, 
but the spill she took on January 28, resulted in a fractured hip.
Because of her heart condition, she was considered a high risk patient.
She was transferred to the hospital in Grand Forks, 
where she had surgery to repair her broken hip.
The following day she suffered a stroke.

Scott and I traveled back and forth from Aberdeen to be with her.
She died on February 7th, the day before a huge blizzard.

 I love these photos of a very special weekend...
A much happier weekend.
It was the last time our daughters visited their Grammy. 
We all spent Mother’s Day weekend with her, 
before they both moved away.

Mom lived in an assisted living center, 
so we would eat with her in the dining room,
and then sit out in the warm spring sunshine on the patio.

But, back to this week in February...
Due to the Winter Storm, 
Valentine’s Day, and the Presidents Day Holiday,
we held her funeral on this date, February 15th, 2013.

She planned every last detail herself. 
She let me know where to look when the time came.
In addition to her Obituary, and the Funeral Plans, 
she left this poem, 
“Miss Me, But Let Me Go”.

My Mother, 
always organized, 
always considered every detail.

I miss her.

Take care,
~Natalie

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Our mother's sound as if they were very much alike. Missing my mom too. Sweet memories.

Road Trip ~Day Three ~Burger Battle ~Sweet Shopping Highlights

Our last full travel day took us through four states… Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Including some Big Bridges over some Big ...