Saturday, July 27, 2019

This Boot is Made for Walking ~And That’s Just What We’ll Do ~I Got Some Good News

It has been six weeks since my unfortunate mishap
while hiking on vacation in New Hampshire.

That means six weeks of 
non-weight-bearing sitting in a chair.

...while wearing this non-walking walking boot.

A rental wheelchair saved our family vacation...
along with my family that was so good about 
maneuvering it all over Boston.

We found the wheelchair so helpful that
hubby rented one when we got home.
It stays in the garage for when we go out and about. 
Hubby has take me, in the chair, to
Mavericks -3 times
Kesslers -twice
Clinic - twice
Target - once
I’d say we’ve gotten our money’s worth.

In the house I have appreciated my mom’s walker.
The seat allows me accomplish some simple house chores while sitting.
It is complete with a basket for toting my stuff around.

We also had my mom’s shower chair in storage...
and now it is in our bathroom.

Hubby lowered our ironing board...pressing my clothes 
was one of the chores I can accomplish while sitting, 
along with chopping vegetables to be sautéed,
and hand washing a few dishes.

Thanks to a friend for this tip...I ordered a Grabber “for the elderly”
It was a great $9.00 investment.
Plus I can keep it and use it again when I am “elderly”!

In the last couple of weeks, I graduated to this knee scooter.
Now I can actually get to my closet and into my sewing studio.

And then, yesterday, a day I have been waiting for...
My appointment at the Orthopedic Clinic.

This X-ray would determine my level of activity 
for the next four weeks.

I was overjoyed to hear the words,
“You can start walking on your walking boot!”
It will take time to regain my strength, flexibility, and balance. 
However, it feels so good to be standing upright.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...