Friday, November 29, 2019

Thanksgiving ~Here’s my Holiday Report ~Black FriYay

I hope you all had a lovely holiday.
There’s nothing better than
spending time with family and friends.

What is your favorite dish on the Thanksgiving menu?
Mine...the mashed potatoes and gravy.

But then there’s the Cheesy Carrots.
Thank you Sandy for sharing that recipe with us decades ago.
We have it every year.

This year I tried a new recipe for the Corn.
It involved Cream Cheese and my Crockpot...also delicious!

Our friend, Patty brought Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
Cayenne Pepper gave it just the right kick and
Maple Syrup, just the right sweetness.
Again, delicious!

Hubby’s favorite dish is the Stuffing.
This year I made a triple batch, as I use some to stuff the bird
and the rest goes in the second crockpot.
Just in case you are wondering,
that used a whole pound of butter!

I’m on Team #1 with this dish.
Every time I cook the fresh cranberry sauce,
it reminds me of Officer Carlson.

I keep the green salad simple.
This year, we all avoided the Romaine Lettuce,
so Baby Spinach was my choice, adorned with
Mandarin Oranges, Red Onion, and Parmesan Cheese.
That’s Poppy Seed dressing on the side.

If Thanksgiving was a competition,
Daughter Emily is the winner.
She asked her guests, in advance, what they are thankful for.
Then painted these leaves with names and their response,
to use as place cards.

Another winner was my MIL.
She had received this beautiful centerpiece
from church friends. She brought it to grace our table.

This year, we set the table with our China.

It is vintage china, hand painted Nippon.
My mother inherited it from her aunt Hazel.
She is one of the ladies in the photo at the bottom of this blog.

I just love this piece.

Back to the present. Here’s what is happening today...

It’s a good thing we are not going anywhere.

In the meantime, we are basking in the warm feeling
from spending time with our family and friends.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Take care,
~Natalie

1 comment:

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Natalie
What a wonderful post.
I love all the sides you had for your Thanksgiving dinner - the corn dish sounded very different but delicious.
Wonderful photos!
Blessings
Karen

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...