Monday, March 2, 2020

Good Morning, Massachusetts ~Here’s How We Spend Our Time

This has been my view for four mornings now...
a view I shall not grow tired of.

The trip was smooth and easy,
despite the 50 minute delay out of our home Airport.
Once in Minneapolis, I like to locate my next gate
 before doing anything else. I had a long enough layover,
 so I didn’t have to run to make the connecting flight.

 I went for a walk, since I had been sitting on a plane
since 4:30 am and was delighted to find a Starbucks.

Did you notice that there was no plane outside the window
at my first gate? After a last minute gate change,
our ride was here.

A light lunch of Tomato Juice and Almonds...
And a couple of crossword puzzles later,
the landing gear was dropping into place.

Amy and Jack were there to scoop me up and bring me home.
Jack was due for a nap, and Amy made a quick trip to the supermarket,
while Bella and I got reacquainted.

I’ve mentioned before that one of my favorite things
is to visit our adult children in their homes
and be immersed in their daily activities.

The next morning, Toddler Story Time at the Library
did not disappoint. Here’s Jack patiently waiting his turn
to get a book from the book cart.

The Children’s librarian reads three stories,
with finger plays and songs in between.
Then, the toys come out for Free Play Time.
The boys and girls learn to cooperate and to share.

In the afternoon, while Jack was napping,
his Mama had an appointment,
so Nana was on snack duty when he woke up.

Goldfish, followed by Applesauce,
is a pretty tasty combination.

Jack was in charge of making dinner...
Aunt Emily was driving over after work!
Jack loves Aunt Emily and Uncle Jake.

He and his Mama prepared two pizzas...
this one with Red Sauce and Cheese, and the other
with Pesto, Spinach, Broccoli, and Fresh Mozzarella. Yummy!

Aunt Emily was the chosen one
to read books and tuck him into bed.

The next morning, the girls were on a mission
to paint this bedroom...this is the first coat.

My priority was to keep the cat and the toddler out of the paint.
So we played with cars, trucks, trains, and airplanes.

Purple

In case you’re wondering...
this is how that room looks after the second coat of paint.
Isn’t it awesome!?!

Bella says, “You all wear me out” I’m going to bed.
Sleep tight, our furry friend.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...