Saturday, June 13, 2020

Pizza Friday ~Addendum to my Report ~Two New Favorites ~Taco Pizza ~Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza


Trust me...there is a slice of pizza under those toppings.
I don’t think it gets any better than this...
combining two of our favorite foods, tacos and pizza, all in one.
I mean, there are Doritos on this pizza!

When it came out of the oven, it looked like this...
taco meat, sautéed peppers and onions, tomato slices,
black olives, and two kinds of cheese.

Fresh ingredient toppings include Romaine lettuce, tomato,
and Cilantro from our Patio Herb Garden.
I’m pretty sure we’ll make this one again!

Remember last week, after having a procedure done at the hospital,
I wasn’t really in the mood for Quarantine Cooking,
so Hubby Picked up this Take and Bake Pizza...
Chicken, Steak, Red Onion, Green Pepper, and Tomatoes.

Another Favorite was the Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
that we created the week before.
There’s seasoned Ground Beef, Mushrooms, Onions, and Red Pepper.
(The Hamburger Dill Pickle Slices are optional)

This one also needed a little Sharp Cheddar
along with the Italian Blend of Cheeses.

This was so tasty.
Now, here’s a little tip...
Please learn from my mistakes!

When finishing a pizza, I like to put it under the broiler,
just long enough to lightly toast the cheese.
The first time I made the Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza,
the Bacon was exposed on top and got a little too brown.
So, last time I made sure it was under a blanket of cheese.

We have also settled on a favorite crust recipe.
Remember I have experimented with several...
We prefer a thin crust, and I like to add
a teaspoon of dried Italian Seasoning with the flour.

I have a Pizza Pinterest Board
if you are interested in any of these recipes.

Have a Wonderful Weekend.
Stay Safe and Well.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...