Friday, November 25, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022 ~How it Turned Out ~My Report ~Food, Family, Giving Thanks


Our Centerpiece
I created this using a tray,
Hubby’s hand turned candle holders,
surrounded by pinecones that we had collected in the yard,
last Summer when we visited family in Georgia.

Hubby manhandled the turkey.

I can manage lightweight tasks, like putting the
 Creamed Corn ingredients in the Crockpot.
No wonder it’s so delicious,
It involves cream cheese and butter.

We enjoyed the Thanksgiving Day Parade while
putting the finishing touches on our meal.
I had time to make cranberry garnishes
for our beverage glasses…

…and I finished setting the table.

Do you all put little labels in your serving dishes?
I do, to assure that I have something for everything, and
it helps when there are others helping in the kitchen.


We gather around our counter for some Appetizers,
as all the last minute action is in the kitchen.

Just enough to whet the appetite and still
save room for the Main Event.

Our guests arrived…Hubby’s Mother and Sister.

These Empty Nesters tried to get a Family Photo.
Haha, this one was the best, and it’s not Christmas Card Worthy.

Hubby carved the Turkey under the watchful eye
of our Helper Cat.

And, with the Turkey out of the Roaster,
I was able to use those drippings to prepare the Gravy.
I learned from the best, my Mother.

My sister-in-law helped get the food on the table.

That’s how those Refrigerator Mashed Potatoes turned out.

We have much to be thankful for.

We enjoyed a little FaceTime with both our daughters and their families.
Great Grandma is still amazed that this is even possible.

The Cleanup Crew 2022.

A blast from the past…Cleanup Crew in 2009

My sister-in-law baked the pumpkin pie.
We enjoyed dessert after cleaning the kitchen and a little 
Show ‘n Tell out in the Wood Shop.

A Host and Hostess gift from Hubby’s Mother…
‘Fall for Berries” scented kitchen candle.

I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Holiday
with your favorite people.

Take care,
~Natalie 

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...