Thursday, May 4, 2023

Things in Our House Thursday ~The Little Things that Make Me Smile ~Spring Cleaning Report

There’s nothing like a Coffee Date with Friends to
Spark a little Motivation for Spring Cleaning.

In our Foyer, this Dolly brings sweet memories.
She came home with me that summer when I was caring for my Mother.
She thought the Doll was homely…I think she’s perfect.

After my Mother died and I was going through her things,
I found the little scissors that she always carried in her purse.
You never know when you’ll need to snip something.

This was also in my Mother’s things,
A gift from her Dormitory Friends, when she was in college,
signed on the back in July, 1939.

And that little chair.
My mother purchased it at the Normania Township Country School auction,
which was a stone’s throw from our family farm.

My Mother served on the Township Board for years.
She also sat on the Election Board. In fact, the year I turned 18,
I served as an election official beside her,
and it was my first time to Vote!

Helper Cat was there for finishing touches in the Living Room.

The Vintage Norwegian Bibles, one owned by Hans Welo,
 and the other belonged his daughter, Emma.
She was confirmed in 1904.

This beautiful Urn, handcrafted by a local artist,
was a gift from a good friend when she and her husband moved
away to live closer to their adult children.

Another family treasure that belonged to Great Aunt Emma
is this Vintage Sewing Machine.
My Aunt Mona also used it for years to create Quilts for Church.
And now it has a place here, in my home and in my heart.

Foyer ✔️ 

Living Room ✔️

See Helper Cat?
Lizzie is pretty pleased with her work.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Sunday Funday ~Spring Cleaning ~May Day ~Mother’s Day ~Much to Catch Up On

What a difference a year makes…This was me last year. I had “graduated” from Physical Therapy, I could drive again,  and was going on my fir...