Sunday, July 19, 2026

Sunday ~Counting our Blessings ~How to Tell if you’re a Crazy Cat Lady

Today is my Mother-in-Law’s Birthday. She is 97 years old.
She is our Family Matriarch, one who provides wisdom,
and emotional support for her family.
She is a a blessing for all of us.

Hubby and I enjoy the opportunities we have as Retired Empty Nesters.
Especially the retirement part, being able to gallivant around the countryside.

Summer seems to be fleeting fast and we’ve celebrated many blessings in our life…
Starting with our 45th Wedding Anniversary in early June.

We celebrated a Milestone 70th Birthday for Me.
Of the nine Birthday Cards I received,
Six of them were cat cards.
I think that makes me an official Crazy Cat Lady.

We went to my All-School Alumni Days.
We enjoyed spending time with my classmates celebrating
 our 52 years since graduation.
Seeing our Family Farmstead is not a celebration.
It is sad to see the deterioration that has been caused
by the flood waters of Devils Lake.

Speaking of Retirement,
Hubby no longer needs the many suits and sport coats
that he once wore to work.
He cleaned out his closet and has donated them to
the Chamber of Commerce and University Career Center.
You should consider doing the same.
   
I love summer for so many reasons.
A daily walk provides the opportunity to give thanks for the sunshine,
 green grass, trees, birds, and flowers.

The highlight of my week was a little road trip with a friend
who invited me to attend a ladies luncheon at her home church
in the little town where she grew up.

Our speaker talked about Brain Health and Cognitive Decline.
Let me know if you like to hear more about that.
I won a Silent Auction item and Yep, we wore aprons.
I wish I had taken a selfie of us.

Like most of the Country, we have been living in an Extreme Heat 
Warning…for over a week now.

How have YOU coped with the heat?

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Sunday ~Counting our Blessings ~How to Tell if you’re a Crazy Cat Lady

Today is my Mother-in-Law’s Birthday. She is 97 years old. She is our Family Matriarch, one who provides wisdom, and emotional support for h...