It has been a Busy Month for these retired empty nesters.
Imagine if we were working and away from home for nine hours a day?!
And what’s been keeping us busy?
For starters, that’s Hubby’s new vehicle.
It’s Football season, and I’m not sure which I enjoy more?
Sitting with with good friends at the Game, or
Watching our Favorite Team Win?
Definitely being with good friends.
And Winning is fun, too.
We’ve managed to attend home games at
Hubby’s Alma Mater, Northern State University.
Plus, we made a couple of Weekend Trips to Fargo for
games at North Dakota State University,
my Alma Mater.
It was great to see Julie, who served as our
Kappa Delta National President.
Our chapter is proud to claim her as one of our own.
We had great seats in the Fargo Dome,
For the game and to watch the Gold Star Marching Band.
A warm hug from this woman,
Dr. Virginia Clark Johnson, was a highlight of my weekend.
She was an instructor and my advisor at SDSU when
I earned my Masters Degree.
She then crossed the border to NDSU to serve as the
Dean of the College of Human Services and Education.
I enjoyed visiting with her…She is an inspiration.
And Winning.
Winning is a Highlight.
After the game we like to drive part way home,
then find a small town pub for a bite to eat.
This is Barney, ND
Population = 43 residents
The servers were delightful and we shared a rack of ribs…
Which were tasty and fall-off-the-bone tender.
This may have been one of Hubby’s Weekend Highlights.
I see that my last blog post was over a month ago.
We had a plenty of blog-worthy things going on,
so stop back again to hear all about it.
I hope September was good for you, too.
Take Care,
~Natalie

No comments:
Post a Comment