Thursday, November 20, 2014

What'cha Workin' on Wednesday ~~Countdown to Winterfest...3 days

Sometimes when creating, 
whether you are a musician, a writer, a chef or an artist,
a project comes along that presents a bit of a challenge.

For me, it was this Chenille Snowman.
I just felt he was going to be something special,
but wasn't quite sure how he was going to get there?!

He started weeks ago with a vintage chenille bedspread 
purchased in an antique store on one of our many 
trips to a cross country meet.

Of course you've read about my stash of wool remnants for his coat.
Hubby has great style right down to his socks.
When they are worn out in the feet, 
the tops make the best snowmen hats.

But, that was where my creativity stalled...
Everytime I went into the studio, 
that tub of snowmen was there, begging to be fininhed.

Now, time was no longer on my side...
I had to dig deep into my supplies 
and give this guy the personality he deserves.

My mother-in-law brought me some precious 
vintage coat buttons from her button tin.


And the scarves?
Well, I have two drawers in the shop stuffed with vintage sweaters.
This one was the perfect combination of colors.
(I can't wait to see if our daughters recognize the knit!)

Here they are, ready for adoption.
It just might be hard to say goodbye to them this weekend!

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Monday Memories ~Day Trip to Amicalola Falls ~Spending Time with Family ~Priceless

How lucky are this Papa and Gigi? We spent our last weekend on a day trip with our daughters, Son-in-law and grandchildren. Amicalola Falls ...