Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Bison Make History ~A Football Watch Party for Two with recipe links ~~Learning the Art of Using a SelfieStick

No team in college football history, at any level, 
has a won five straight National Championships.

And a convincing win, it was!
photo credits to North Dakota State University

The game was at 11 a.m. so I was up early to gather my NDSU decor.

I had to have the beads ready.
If ever there is reason to believe in superstition,
it is certainly when your favorite team is playing in a big game!


New to our tablescape this year are these 
Championship Game beverage glasses.
Thank you, Alan and Kari.

These empty nesters experimented with my new selfie stick.
(please don't judge us)

I prepared our favorite game day snacks.
Olive dip

Hard Cooked Eggs

and
Buffalo Chicken Dip

Why the eggs, you ask?
Well, it was still morning and a breakfast food seemed fitting.
Plus, we needed something healthy, 
to offset the fat and sodium in our dips.

The Bison were up 24 - 0 at the half...

...so we moved our little watch party downstairs.
(remember, I am a selfie stick novice, and having trifocals doesn't help!)
You can see I baked some cookies too.
my hubby has a sweet tooth.

There, we could enjoy the fireplace and a bigger TV.

Final seconds and the final score.

Proud to be a Bison.

Take care,
~Natalie

1 comment:

Kit said...

Congrats! I just love all your team stuff, especially your hubby's hat. Saw some of them on TV and we loved them. We have a question, how does the bison mascot (the real one) get transported to the games? We love that your fans are as crazy and fun as we are for our Griz. I hope our teams get to meet again. :) Kit

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...