Wednesday, November 21, 2018

What’cha Workin’ on Wednesday ~Thanksgiving Preparations

It’s Thanksgiving Eve.
Today was the first time...ever, 
that I have had a day for pre-preparations.

Remember those appetizer plates that I found at Target for 90% off.
They are washed and on the table.
I found Thanksgiving napkins in my stash of Holiday supplies.

I used items from around our house 
to create a centerpiece for our table.

I had pinecones, mini pumpkins, and fall floral picks on hand.

I cut bread for the stuffing 
into cubes and toasted it in the oven.

It warmed my heart 
when I brought out my Thanksgiving box 
and found these towels that I received 
from a good friend. 
Thank you, Debra.

And whoooo’s coming to dinner?
Our group is small.
Hubby’s mother and sister, 
and Dr. Robyn, from our Animal Care Clinic.

This photo of a Pumpkin shaped Cheese Ball 
showed up in my Instagram Feed this week. 
It is from the Today Show’s Food page.

It starts with two bricks of cream cheese,
Roasted Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, 
and Worcestershire Sauce.

After that is thoroughly mixed, 
fold in red pepper and green onion.
Sharp Cheddar Cheese is added,
And used to coat the outside of the cheese ball.

Here’s the magical part. 
It is wrapped tightly with plastic wrap, 
and shaped with rubber bands.
I can’t wait to open it tomorrow!

If you are interested in the recipe 
it can be found on my Thanksgiving Board on my Pinterest Page.
Follow the link in my blog’s left sidebar.

Cranberries were next.
I have tried a variety of recipes over the years,
but always come back to the one on the label.

Fresh Cranberries
Water & Sugar

Simmer, then cool.

I love how all the flavors compliment each other.

But most of all, I love spending time with family, 
giving thanks for all of our life’s blessings.

Best wishes for a warm 
and wonderful Thanksgiving.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...