Friday, June 21, 2019

And Then, All of a Sudden, This Happened...

Yes, you see that right. 
That is my foot, with an Ace Bandage, and an Ice Pack.

While hiking up north,
I slipped on a patch of mud and wet leaves.
It all happened so fast.
All of a sudden, I was on the ground.
I twisted both my knee and ankle...
To be on the safe side, 
I stayed off my foot for the rest of the weekend.

Once back in Boston, our first stop 
was the Convenient MD Urgent Care Clinic.
After X-rays, I left there with a temporary splint.

By the next morning, I had an appointment 
with the South Shore Orthopedic Center.

There is a slightly displaced fracture in my fibula near my ankle.
I was so very relieved to hear the words, 
“It won’t require surgery”.

I am also thankful to be fitted with a knee brace and boot, 
instead of a cast.
It is great to take it off to sleep and take a bath.

By the time we secured a wheelchair, everyone was hungry.
So, the next stop was the Hingham Beer Works.

No reason to cry in our beer...a celebration was in order.
It could have been so much work.

We all ordered a bite to eat.
I enjoyed the Whole Grain Toast with Avocado, 
Cucumber, Lemon, and Lobster.
Sooo delicious.

It looks like I’ll be seeing Boston from a Wheelchair.

Thank you, family, for helping me get around to see the sites.
We are Blessed.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...