Friday, July 5, 2019

People Who Are Bored Are Boring ~Here’s an Update on my Situation

Thank you, everyone, for your caring words in regards 
to my unfortunate hiking mishap on vacation.
After returning home, a recheck at our Orthopedic Center 
reported good news and some bad news.

The good news is that my knee is okay 
and I no longer need to wear the knee brace.
The bad news is that I need to be remain 
non-weight-bearing for the entire month of July.
I am thankful that I still have 
my mother’s walker in our storage.

I have spent the last few days perfecting my technique 
for propelling myself on the seat of the walker.
However, after the appointment,  I was a little bummed that 
I cannot be upright with my walking boot.

This is the view from my stool at the kitchen counter.
I spend a considerable amount of time sitting here.

Then I migrate to the couch 
to give my hips and lower back a rest from sitting.

This is the view from there.

It looks so beautiful out on the patio.

We did sit out there last night, 
enjoying the fresh air and the sounds of the birds.

“People who are Bored are Boring”...
quite sure our own daughters heard me say this several times 
when they were growing up.
And of course, I said it often to my students in school.

So to curb my own feelings of boredom,
I am trying to establish a daily routine of 
elevating and icing my ankle, 
maintaining my upper body exercise routine, 
reading and writing notes to family and friends,
and crocheting.

(I’ll let you know when I add new activities 
to my daily agenda...cause it will be a long month)

And then there’s this.

Take care,
~Natalie

2 comments:

Carol Hart said...

Natalie, I hadn't heard. So sorry. I was in Aspen with my granddaughter visiting my niece. We hiked. I purposely declined on the last morning, thinking what if I fall. When I recovered from my hip surgery a few years ago, I organized all photos I had inherited from my mom, aunts, and mother-in-law. Time went fast. Thinking of you. Carol

GoldHorde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...