Friday, August 2, 2019

Slow and Steady Wins the Race ~Where the Week Went ~Physical Therapy Report ~Lizzie’s First Selfie

A week has passed since I got the good news that I can now 
walk on my walking boot. Easier said, than done.
I don’t want to disappoint all of you, 
but I am not exactly dancing around the kitchen. 
Since I haven’t put any weight on my foot for over six weeks, 
it is pretty sore.

But I have enjoyed my re-gained independence.
I can take myself out and about,
 because my right leg is in great shape for driving!

I appreciate my Temporary Handicap Parking Hangtag.
It allows me to get close to the entrance.
First stop...the USPS, 
with a package for our family in Okinawa.

Stopping at Kesslers was a bit ambitious,
but I had to buy celery so I could make a pot of
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. 
We’ve had some cooler weather, so it really hit the spot.

The next morning, my first physical therapy appointment.

I will be spending time in their pool
doing some water exercises...
which means I had to locate my  swimsuit.
(I had not worn it for years!)

It’s always good to get home again...

...and enjoy the beautiful weather out on our patio.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

When all the Grandparents Come to Visit

This little girl was pretty excited to have all four grandparents around the dinner table. It took her little Toddler Mind a few minutes to ...