Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tuesday Tip of the Day ~How to Make a Heart Shaped Cake ~When Hubby and I Celebrated Our First Valentines Day Together


Yes, that is me, on Valentines Day, four decades ago.
In the 80’s, my hair was styled
with a curly perm, and I had contacts.
(You’ll need to scroll down to see my hubby.)

For dinner, I had prepared a Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza,
cause that was his favorite food.

And a Red Velvet Heart Shaped Cake.

I had posted this to our recipe blog, five years ago.
There’s no need to purchase a special heart shaped cake pan.

You can read the directions and special tips on that post.

Who else had that Betty Crocker Boys and Girls Cookbook
when you were growing up?

It is easy to put the heart together
and you can decorate it for your Valentine,
or for Mother’s Day like in the photo.

Speaking of my Valentine, here he is.
He brought a bottle of bubbly and the long stem red rose.

Make plans to spend the evening with someone you love.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...