Saturday, March 19, 2022

Saturday’s Work ~Remembering the Days Before Cell Phones ~Weekend Chat with my Mother

My Mother and I chatted on the phone nearly every Saturday.
I had the high-tech cordless phone.

My Mother had a desk phone.
Long distance rates were less expensive on Saturdays,
so we could take more time to chat about the week.

Never fail, she would always say
“I suppose you’re doing your Saturday’s Work?”
My answer was sometimes, yes…

But sometimes we were out of town, 
following our busy daughters
around to their activities,
and couldn’t answer our phone.

And today…
My Saturday’s work, was not work at all!

Stay tuned…

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Yay for Friday ~Where the Week Went ~Spring Cleaning ~Woodshop Creations

“Spring is in the Air” And Spring Cleaning is on my Agenda. It feels so good to let the fresh air and sunshine in, And clear all dust bunnie...