Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother’s Day Blessings ~Priceless Memories

Image courtesy of Vintage Holiday Crafts

Best wishes to all who nurture
and care for children on this Mother’ Day.

To our Daughters, who made me a mother,
 the best and most important job in the world.
And to my Mother in heaven, that taught me how.

I cherish memories of this 2012 Mother’s Day Weekend,
 the last one we spent all together.
My mother died the following winter.

Many years we  all spent the day together,
wearing corsages to church,
worshipping as a family,
and sharing a meal.

My favorite thing to do is to visit our adult children
in their homes, to be a part of their everyday life,
even if it is  for just a few days.

A Mother's Love
by Helen Steiner Rice
A Mother's love is something that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain.
It is endless and unselfish and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it or take that love away . . .

It is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters even though the heart is breaking. . .
It believes beyond believing when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty of the rarest, brightest gems . . .

It is far beyond defining, it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret like the mysteries of creation. 
A many splendoured miracle man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence of God's tender guiding hand.

Now both of our daughters are mothers,
Celebrating this Mother’s Day Weekend with their own children.

And I am loving my new role as a Grandparent, too.

Spend time with those you love, making memories…
Memories that are Priceless. 


Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Celebrating 100 Years ~A Weekend with Sisters ~Sharing Old Memories and Making New Ones

Sigma Psi Chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority is 100 years old. This is the first pledge class. I pledged my Freshman Year at NDSU, Fifty years ...