Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Years Eve 123123 ~Looking Back on the Year ~Remembering the Highlights ~Twelve Months and Twelve Photos

January
Our Son-in-law retired after twenty years serving our country
in the United States Air Force.
Being with family for the Fini-Flight, the Ceremony,
and the Receptions are memories we will cherish forever.

February
The majority of the year was devoted to my recovery.
Thank you to Hubby who drove me to Sanford once or twice every week.
And I appreciate my Physical Therapist who was as good for my Mental Health
as she was for coaching me through my stretches and exercises.

March 
On our annual Spring Break Trip to Georgia,
we had the privilege of spending time with our whole family.
We celebrated two birthdays…a daughter and a Grandson.
We stayed a week with both families in their home.

April
Upon my graduation from Physical Therapy,
I enjoyed the freedom and independence of driving again.
My first solo trip was to the supermarket and it was perfect.

May
We spent nearly a week in my old stompin’ grounds…
met with the family that farms our land,
kept an appointment at the County Courthouse,
caught up with my high school bestie,
honored family at the cemetery,
and visited our family farm.

That last part is not a highlight,
it’s a lowlight.

June
These are the friendships we cherish.
They all gathered to celebrate my birthday
with a home-cooked meal of all my favorite foods.

July
We were thrilled to have our two Grandsons,
and their Mama, visit us for a week.
We especially enjoyed outings to Storybook Land
and our Aquatic Center.

August
Our annual summer road trip with these good friends took us 
to  Minneapolis for a Twins Game, Shopping, and Good Eating.
Rudy looks really excited, but he didn’t know he was going
only as far as the Doggie Day Care.

September
Of course, we don’t pass up tickets and an opportunity to
be in the FargoDome for some Bison Football.

October
An impromptu trip took us to Plymouth, MA.
We spent time with family, an AirB&B on the Beach,
 Fresh Seafood, Golf, The Cape, Shopping,
And Leaf Peeping.

November
Retirement allows plenty of time for our hobbies…
Hubby out in his Woodshop, and me in my Sewing Studio.
We participated in two local Makers Markets this fall.

December
We welcomed family home for the start of our Holiday Season,
Thanksgiving, Pheasant Hunting,
Black Friday Shopping, Christmas Decorating, and more.

New Years Eve is all about reminiscing the bad and the good
moments of the year gone by.
We welcome in this New Year with Wisdom and
Experience to take on all of life’s challenges.

Take care,
~Natalie 

No comments:

Estate Sale Report ~What’cha Workin’ on Wednesday ~Donations All Around ~Finding Closure

It was a beautiful weekend for our Estate Sale. It was a day full of mixed emotions. While it is difficult to see your lifelong possessions ...