Monday, May 6, 2024

Celebrating 100 Years ~A Weekend with Sisters ~Sharing Old Memories and Making New Ones

Sigma Psi Chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority is 100 years old.

This is the first pledge class.
I pledged my Freshman Year at NDSU,
Fifty years ago.

A proud teacher moment…
One of my former students is also my KD sister.
I love that we had time to visit and catch up.

The weekend started with a tour of the new house,
dedicated in 2022.
Wow, it is absolutely beautiful.

Just down the Street from the house, is the Bison Turf.
The KDs managed to pack the place,
just like I imagine it is on Bison Game Days.

While this group was enjoying the evening on the rooftop at the Turf,
there were others gathered in other venues around town.

Since we stayed in the Holiday Inn, I was able to go downstairs
to see if the committee could use any help in setting up for the luncheon.
The decorations were simply lovely.

Reunited with sisters who were classmates, study buddies,
exercise partners, friends, mentors, and roommates.

The afternoon program was quite inspiring,
there was laughter, there were tears.

And another proud moment.
Our keynote speaker, from our chapter,
served as the Kappa Delta National President.

When my term as chapter President ended my senior year,
I passed the gavel to Julie.
She went on to accomplish so much.

The choir sang all the familiar songs from our Era…

Then the collegiates lined up to lead the 400 attendees
in the younger generation’s chants.

Saturday Night was to celebrate the decades so
I packed this jacket from my college days.

It was too warm to wear a wool coat,
so we displayed it with the other 70s memorabilia.

Julie and I had a chance to reminisce about that trip
we took to the National Convention.

Meet my family, Linda is my “Grandma”,
and Chris is my “Granddaughter”.
These roles are assigned when one pledges a sorority.

We had a fabulous lunch at noon and did not need
another big meal in the evening.

A variety of  hors d’oeuvres and desserts were the perfect ending.

Thanks for the Memories.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Our Furry Friends are such Faithful Friends ~Sharing Some Sad News ~We said Goodbye to our Sweet Lizzie

It has been two weeks since we said goodbye and stood by her side as Lizzie crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Lizzie had the sweetest personality....