Sunday, June 30, 2024

June ~A Month of Celebrations ~Anniversaries, Fathers Day, Reunions, Birthdays ~My Family and Friends, They Spoil Me

June was a month of celebrating life’s many Blessings.
Our friend group can cross this off our bucket list.
We’ve been planning this little road trip for over a year.
After life-long friends moved away, we’ve been planning to
meet for dinner in a small town in between.

An hour drive for each of us to the Angry Beaver in Oakes, ND.
We couldn’t leave without posing for a photo shoot with the Angry Beaver .

My dinner of Pesto Chicken on Linguine, with
a side of Arugula, tasted like summer.

A week ago, we were celebrating the restoration
of this quaint country church.
Pastor Jim asked me to come forward
so the congregation could sing Happy Birthday.

I was brought back to my childhood days where
this was a special (and a little embarrassing) moment in Sunday School.
Everyone would sing, and we’d have a handful of pennys
to put in the birthday bank.
The children would count as each coin dropped, to see how old we were.

This year, I am two quarters, a dime, a nickel, and three pennys old.

This reunion photo popped up in my memories…
My mother’s 70th class reunion.
She was going to be the Grand Marshal in the Parade.
She asked me to be her driver.
Of course, I had to decorate our vehicle.

Seventy years! 
And here I thought Fifty years sounded old.

Another June highlight, this annual “reunion” with
my good friend from college.

She always brings gifts for our cats.

I was also treated to generous Birthday gifts,
 or as JoJo would call them, “Prizes”.

As a Senior, I especially appreciate gifts that are consumable, like
chocolates, candles, beverage napkins, hand cream, lip balm, and wine.

Thank you Kari, Lorie, Emily, Jolaine, Debra, Wendy, and Hubby
for the lovely cards and personal messages.
Y’all certainly know how to make a Birthday Girl feel like Royalty.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

June ~A Month of Celebrations ~Anniversaries, Fathers Day, Reunions, Birthdays ~My Family and Friends, They Spoil Me

June was a month of celebrating life’s many Blessings. Our friend group can cross this off our bucket list. We’ve been planning this little ...