Monday, December 29, 2008

The New Beginnings

After the holidays, we have time to relax and tackle some necessary projects around the house. DD2 has gone through her closet and removed the clothing and shoes that she no longer wears. And what to do with perfectly good clothing? The New Beginnings Center takes donations. The New Beginnings Center is a residential, coeducational group care facility licensed to serve children with behavioral, emotional and educational problems. There are currently 17 girls staying there. Some are there because their families cannot provide proper care. The youngest is 12. Oh, how I wish we could afford to bring them bags of brand new clothes...instead, the best we can do is donate these bags of gently used items. Perhaps, they are having just a little fun going through and trying on the shirts, jeans, sweatpants and pajamas that we left there this afternoon.

7 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Such a nice thing to do for other young women/girls in need. We have a local organization called Granny's Comfy Closet. It helps many families in need in our area.

pammyjo said...

Such a wonderful thing to do for those young girls. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Yes ... it was a happy day for Vikings Fans.

Michelle said...

Wow! Looks like they got lots of new things. Great idea.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

What a wonderful thing to do!!!! I'm sure the girls appreciate anything that is given to them! I sure enjoyed reading your blog today. My first time here and so glad I found you!!! I'll be back!

Cora

Debra said...

What a sweet thing to do. I bet they are so happy...

jodi said...

I'm sure that your daughter had lots of cool things that those girls will be thrilled with owning. Our youngest has a bag to go but our oldest wants to go through it first:-).

Artsnark said...

What a thoughtful idea. If you can forward me the address I'd love to send them some party games.
Also, thanks for your well wishes on my sicky-whiny post ;)

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...