Thursday, February 12, 2009

Things in my House Thursday XIV

Our kitchen has had fluorescent light panels in the soffets, providing us with great task lighting, without a lot of ambiance. Here is a picture of the panel above our sink and the panel above the range. For several months, there have been some problems...lightening like flashes...random off & on...so the project has begun. My handy hubby is taking out the old fixtures, filling in the huge cavity with sheet rock, and inserting recessed canister lighting.


Here is the new lighting above the peninsula. It certainly changes the atmosphere in my kitchen.


What'cha Workin' On Wednesday?
There was no time for crafting today...but I did get some prim bunnies listed in my Etsy Shop. Last night's focus was correcting & entering grades, as Parent/Teacher Conferences are tonight. Yes, it's one of those days when we teach from 8:10 to 3:20 and conference from 5 to 9. To compensate for our extra time put in today, we will have the day off on Monday, Presidents Day.

9 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

We took down the old ceiling and put up drywall and can lighting a few years. I like it so much better.

Love those bunnies! and are they ever multiplying!

Cathy

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Your prim bunnies are so cute!
Kim

MSM said...

I'm jealous of your new lights; I think you are going to love them!

Whenever our fluorescent lights start going out (needing new bulbs), I get a headache from the dull or flashy lighting. Drives me crazy!

Your Bunnies are adorable; they've made me start thinking about Easter. :)

Thanks for joining TIMHT!

Eli's Lids said...

The new lighting looks awesome! It will really update your place :)

Suzanne said...

You'll love the recessed lighting. I've got it throughout my kitchen and it's wonderful. Your bunnies are too cute!

jodi said...

I love the new lighting. We took out our overhead fluorescent a few years ago and put some track lighting in which made the room brighter but under the cabinet lighting would be so nice.

Carol said...

That's fantastic you are tackling the kitchen project yourselves!! Hubs and I LOVE to do home improvement!

Adorable buns!!!!!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

You have a beautiful kitchen. So inviting and warm. :o)

My mom would love your bunnies. What am I saying?! I LOVE your bunnies! :-D

Renna said...

I love your new lighting. I wish my hubby was good at doing that sort of thing. He has his talents, they just don't happen to lie there. ;-)

The prim bunnies are precious!

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...