Thursday, May 7, 2009

Things in my House Thursday XVIII

So...if you follow my blog, you know that we have been at my 88 year old mother's place, to help her with health issues and with her many possessions. In her closet we found several boxes...but this one was special...and we opened it to find beautiful silk fabrics...

She casually says, "Oh, these

are my honeymoon nightgowns."

Our daughter, Emily and I are looking at each other... like we can't believe it...this is

lovely lingerie... from 1946. These nighties are beautiful...elegant. They have been in a box for
over 60 years.

Well.....now... they are here at my house, safely stored
away. Two nightgowns...two granddaughters...precious keepsakes.

15 comments:

Chyrls Origami said...

Very Lovely and touching.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my gosh, how beautiful and how special.

Carol said...

Oh wow. So personal yet so touching. Thanks for sharing these beautiful treasures with us.

MSM said...

Oh PLEASE!! That is the coolest, sweetest thing!

How perfect that there are two beautiful, treasured nightgowns for two beautiful, treasured granddaughters.

Suzanne said...

Oh those are so pretty. So feminine and lovely.

M said...

Oh my! Those are gorgeous! I am not leaving my kids anything like that...I decided that I am using everything to its full potential...no more keeping china in the hutch or saving things for "special" cuz that time will never come.- BUT it is very cool that your girls have some vintage cool things...but remind them to use them!!

Tolentreasures said...

What a beautiful treasure!

Cathy

Della said...

What wonderful treasure you have. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Who keeps stuff that long?!!! Apparently your mother! What a sweet treasure for you and the girls!

Kat S. said...

What a wonderful surprise for you and beautiful memories for your Mama! Such treasures for your daughters too.

Christine Burgess said...

That is absolutely priceless! I love to hear stories like this.

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Those are beautiful!How special it is that you are getting pieces of your mom's past to share with your daughters. I feel terrible...I don't save anything. I think I need to start so that Kayleigh has some neat things to cherish and remember
Kim

MommaB said...

what a treasure to have...also the biggest treasure is to still have your mom...treasure everyday with her...

I Play Outside The Box said...

The sentiments of ones heart...they must have meant allot to her to have kept them that many years.

Shauna said...

those are beautiful, what lovely keepsakes!! So happy I found your blog - I love it!

When all the Grandparents Come to Visit

This little girl was pretty excited to have all four grandparents around the dinner table. It took her little Toddler Mind a few minutes to ...