Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Mania

It was Monday...all day...in fact...it was the Monday after Homecoming Weekend! I started the day with a Student Assistance Team meeting at 7:40 a.m. and ended with an evening meeting of our local Chapter of
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International is a honor society for key women educators. The organization promotes professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Yes, that is me in the picture, second from the left. I enjoy the meetings as it usually includes dinner, entertainment, a program and a chance to visit with other teachers outside of school.


This is my membership pin and my President's pin. My president's pin was worn by one of our charter members and first chapter president. I feel honored to have it in my possession.






My Daddy's Birthday would have been today. He would be 91 if he was still alive. He died in 1988. Here is his picture on our wedding day in 1981.




Scott and I went out to run some errands early Saturday morning. NO, we did not get a puppy. We did end up downtown and stopped at the pet store. This sweet Basset Hound was oh, so lovable.




Check out the size of his feet.











And...how do you think Callie and Lucy would have responded, if we had brought him home??

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Looks like a full day for you! Love that basset hound. He's adorable.

Abatevintage said...

Hello it is so lovely to meet you. Thank you for stopping over and saying hello to me yesterday. I love your blog, I am sorry about your father, his birthday must be tough. I cant imagine. I hope today is better for you. Have yourself a wonderful day. Congrats on your pin.

Blessings,
Heidi

Ticking and Toile said...

really enjoy your blog!

Take care!

Shellagh

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...