Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sorting...Saving...Donating...Recycling...

Where Bloggers Create is a wonderful blog event...
an opportunity to see so many creative spaces. 
I have several more artists to visit, and I may be busy all summer!
If you are here to see my studio,
just scroll down one post.
Meanwhile, I am back at mom's. 
We continue to go through her drawers, cabinets and closets.
I am thankful that she is here with me to share the history
and personal stories that accompany each and every piece.
Many she has cherished for over 70 years.
Many are items that I remember from my own childhood.
Who am I to decide what stays and what goes?
It has been tough for her, but we have made some good progress.
Hopefully, I will soon have pictures of her in her new home.

Take care,
~Natalie

9 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you and your Mom....it can never be easy to see your life disected and removed.
jana

Firecracker Kid said...

I know the two of you will make the best of this situation Natalie. Your mom has lived a good long life and this should be an enjoyable moment to share the two of you going through her memories. Wonderful memories I'm sure:)
Carol

Christine Burgess said...

Oh Natalie, I remember going through the same thing with my mom. My sister's and I took turns flying out to help her as none of us lived in the same state.
God bless you.
Chris

Busy Bee Suz said...

Natalie, I imagine this is so hard on her...I pray that she makes this transistion well and finds some positives to come out of it. I am sure you are a wonderful help to her.
Hugs, Suz

pam said...

I know this is really hard, but it is wonderful that you two get to go through the things together and you get to hear her stories.

sweetiepie said...

It's too bad your mom couldn't have moved closer to you. That may have made the transition easier on both of you.

Unknown said...

Just a note from experience! Write done the history on the pieces you keep! We had posted note on all kinds of items. Those items where put into plastic bags. Be so thankful your mom can remember, mine could not. It was my dad who had the history! Remember take some time out for your personal care!

Unknown said...

Hopefully, your mom will cherish the memories you two talk about while sorting thru things so that it makes it a bit easier to part with belongings. But it's never easy. Looking forward to pics of her new place.

Nancy

Tolentreasures said...

That has to be so hard, but you are right, at least she is there to help you and tell you the stories behind things. You should be jotting down the stories for your girls!

Cathy

When all the Grandparents Come to Visit

This little girl was pretty excited to have all four grandparents around the dinner table. It took her little Toddler Mind a few minutes to ...