Friday, July 29, 2011

Bella's New Place & the Special Touches that Make a House a Home

One of my favorite things to do is visit our daughters in their homes.
I admire their creative use of space and their personal style of decorating.
Bella welcomes you to her new place...
Just a short walk from downtown,
we enter the home via a quaint little porch and into the living room.
One can see the layout of the rooms is efficient...perfect for a busy, young PA.

The Living Room
Hello, Kitty...

The Sun Room
This would be a favorite place for morning coffee...checking emails...
and watching the birds and squirrels.

Across from the windows...a squatty little spot...the space under the stairway.
Bella cleverly uses this for her private place to do her business.

The Kitchen
And...where Bella eats...
You had a sneak peek of Bella's kitchen and new perch before.
It was fun to see it all put together...

The Bathroom
(need I say more?)

The Bedroom
Or...where Bella sleeps.
Amy purchased this lovely bedroom set at IKEA.

And you know how IKEA furniture is purchased, don't you?
...In flat boxes...in a million little pieces.
Well, my hubby and Amy's sister are pretty good at assembling furniture.
They worked about 12 hours and put together all 5 pieces.



Of course, Bella could not accomplish any of this without her Amy.
Enjoy your new home!

Take care,
~Natalie

If you have stopped by for the Where Bloggers Create Tour

For more Show and Tell Friday posts,

And to see more adorable kitties,
and say Hi to Smudge, Patchouli, & Coco.

12 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

What a wonderful sweet home and I do love the decor! Cheers to Bella who I am sure makes the house a home!
Ahhh Ikea, I used to love shopping there and actually furnished one of my homes with their products.
Have fun on your visit and howdy to the young couple and sweet Bella!
Tina xo

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

Very nice. I love the kitchen it looks so sunny and cheery..There is nothing like decorating your new home.

Congratulations,
Sue

chellebelle said...

What a beautiful home. So Glad Amy found a job so quickly, I'm sure it's well deserved too. (loved Bella's perch by the way!)

Willoughby said...

There is nothing quite like decorating your first place! Amy and Bella have a beautiful home!

jennifer768 said...

What an awesome home,I am sure Bella is quite content.Congrats to Amy! Have a great weekend,Jen

Joyce said...

I just popped over because I saw your comment on Kellys Korner. I am a mom of two nearly grown daughters too (one out of uni and employed-yea! and one entering her senior year of uni)...I'm going to look around here-I love to decorate : )

M said...

What a beautiful post! I hope to do that one someday...my daughter just got a teaching job!

As for IKEA...the only way not to get carpal tunnel with those little allen wrenches is to use a battery powered screw driver with the allen wrench attachment...we just put together 3 "bookcases" to use as cubbies in my new classroom...and it was QUICK!

Love that kitty!
TGIF!

Tolentreasures said...

Your daughter's home is beautiful. So nice. I love to walk through my daughters ' homes.
Cathy.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Amy and Bella have a beautiful home!!! I would be so thrilled to see that my girls were neat and tidy...that would also be a big surprise for me.
Lovely pad Amy!!!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Lovely home and any furry does indeed turn a house into a home. So hooray for Bella! :)

Kitikata-san said...

OH! What a nice new place for Bella! I love the windows so much! I love the high perch places! Oh, and the bed is so nice! Where are the humans gonna sleep?

Judi said...

Bella has a wonderful place to sit and view the neighborhood.

When all the Grandparents Come to Visit

This little girl was pretty excited to have all four grandparents around the dinner table. It took her little Toddler Mind a few minutes to ...