Sunday, July 17, 2011

Introducing Miss Sapphire ~ Where Bloggers Create: Part II ~ and an Ice Cream Social

Do you see her there? At my dining room table??
The lovely Miss Sapphire.
She moved in toward the end of February.
At first, she sat here at the table, so we could become better acquainted.
She is a pretty fancy lady and there is much to learn about her.
He even made the 3 hour trip to Sioux Falls to visit the best sewing repair shop in the state.
It was not good news.
Well, once you've used a Viking, you'll never go back.
The exclusive sensor system allows you to sew from a single layer to up and over several layers of heavy fabrics without skipping a stitch...it is just smart that way.
Not to mention, I can, once again, stitch buttons, and beautiful blind hems...
I was drawn to the extended open arm, perfect for quilting projects.
The needle up/needle down feature spoils me...always up at the end...always down for pivoting...
And no words can describe how excited I am about all of this!

While Miss Sapphire would love to remain the center of attention,
our family occasionally eats at our dining room table.

Miss Sapphire does have her own place in my sewing studio.

It just wouldn't be right if I didn't mention the weather here.
This is the week's forecast...
...factor the heat index, and it feels like 105 degrees.
Where's our snow when we need it?

It's a great day for a cool dessert.
(I posted this on my blog on July 10, 2008.)

And today I am participating in a Virtual Ice Cream Social at Kitchen Bouquet.
Stop over to see recipes for many more tempting treats.

Stay cool.
Take care,
~Natalie

to see many more fabulous creations. 

10 comments:

The Rusty Thimble said...

OH my gosh WOW natalie I love her she is AWESOME *your new machine*

The cake looks so YUMMY

Brenda

Michelle said...

I have a Viking Sapphire, too, and I LOVE her!

Suzy said...

Miss Sapphire is beautiful! I probably wouldn't own a sewing machine except I won one at a local fabric store opening quite a few years ago. It is nothing like this sophisticated machine though. Thanks for the Ice Cream Social mention and your great recipe!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Your Miss Sapphire is gorgeous! I can see lots of wonderful projects in your future.

The recipe sound perfect for National Ice Cream Day!

Unknown said...

Your new machine is awesome, Natalie!

Nancy

P.S. Trying to stay cool here, too!

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Hi Natalie ~ Thanks for stopping by, I am still slowly making my way thru the Long list of Participants.... It may be awhile! Love that Machine, I use to have a Viking, but after having it repaired several times & not being able to afford any more repairs, I just let her Die~ now I have an old 1940's machine that I do love.... Your Studio is So Sweet, Love your Special touches like Your Grandmothers Hats & the long table you have your machines on, how clever to use the old machine stand as legs ~ I'll be back ~ Stay Cool, I know it is 96 here right now, with mid 90's planned for the next 10 days ~ at least it is only 86 in here (I live in an Old upper, barely get any cold out of the vents from the lower unit) so Thank God for FANS!
Cheryl

Terri said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Miss. Sapphire sure is fancy! Have fun trying out all the bells and whistles!! I printed out that dessert, I bet it will be a keeper ;)
Kim

Rebecca Nelson said...

My Auntie purchased a Viking machine way back in the early 70's and swore by it. I'm thrilled to see you love yours so much!

Thank you for sharing~

Rebecca

Busy Bee Suz said...

SHE is a beauty!! I hope you both have years and years of enjoyment. :)
Your HIGHS look like our highs...sadly, we never get those lows this time of year.
Thank goodness for a/c!

When all the Grandparents Come to Visit

This little girl was pretty excited to have all four grandparents around the dinner table. It took her little Toddler Mind a few minutes to ...