Monday, June 11, 2012

Where the Weekend Went...

Now that it's summer, Friday's Happy Hour Jazz Group has moved outside.
It was a great evening with good friends, good food, and good music.

We were celebrating the anniversary of friends, Kari and Alan.

The complimentary anniversary dessert is called Death by Chocolate...
(Is this restaurant implying something here?) 

My Saturday's Work...

I started the complete kitchen cleaning/organizing project.
Overwhelming? Yes...

And...Another Celebration...
Friday=wedding anniversary...Saturday=Birthday!
And not just any birthday...a 50th Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Alan!!

His family hosted a lovely party in their home...
And daughter, Ashley, has mastered the fine art of delicious cupcakes.

Carrot Cake and Red Velvet Cake...Yum!

I hope between your weekend chores,
you had a chance to relax with good friends and family.

Take care,
~Natalie

p.s. Our weekend also includes a late morning brunch.
My hubby makes the most perfect hashbrowns.
Chick here for a print friendly copy of the recipe

5 comments:

M said...

Happy Celebrating!!
Those hash browns look wonderful...there's nothing worse than limp, soggy hash browns! Those are browned just perfectly :)

...and that cake?! Zowie!!

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Natalie,
Your weekend was wonderful...friends, food and fun...what more could you ask for.
Karen

Kit said...

OMG!! Look at your kitchen project. You go girl!! I really need to do that in July and I want to paint the inside of the cupboards too! By the way, I need a cupcake right now real bad....LOL Kit

Firecracker Kid said...

Now that's a lot of celebrating! It's so nice that you could too :) OMGosh! carrot cake and red velvet cupcakes, my favorites. I think I would be weary of that chocolate cake... lol.
I so need to tackle my kitchen cabinets too. They need painted.
Hugs~Carol

Unknown said...

You are always so busy...I am in awe of all the stuff you get done...and you always seem to mix some fun in there too :)
Kim

When all the Grandparents Come to Visit

This little girl was pretty excited to have all four grandparents around the dinner table. It took her little Toddler Mind a few minutes to ...