Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday Tip of the Day ~ Personal Care, continued...

The forecast was for snow,
but I was not expecting this!
When I opened the door to leave at 6:50 this morning,
I was greeted with this view!!

I'm guessing we had a couple of inches of snow on the driveway.

Anyway, more about personal care...
with both wrists in splints,
I've changed the way I do a lot of things.
Actually, I've changed the way I do most things!

For at least half my life, 
I've used a curling iron to style my hair.
But a curling iron requires the use of a 
strong thumb and the twist of the wrist.

While Hubby is more than willing to pick up the duties of all cooking, laundry and cleaning...
he is not interested in polishing my nails or curling my hair.

Velcro Rollers!
Who remembers these? 
I had a stash of these velcro rollers hidden away in the bottom drawer in my bathroom.

A roller is light enough to handle with my right hand,
and I can twist and press it into place with my left hand.

The Problem?
I was getting up at 4:45 in order to get my hair dry before I leave for work.

google image

The Bonnet Hair Dryer!
And, who remembers these??
Another blast from the past!

Of course, I hadn't seen one for years,
but there it was...for sale...online...
I ordered it.
It arrived within a week.
It's pretty sweet...well worth the cost...
Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks!

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...