Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Good Ole Summertime ~What’s for Dinner ~Tuesday’s Tip of the Day

We all love the lazy, hazy days of summer. 
If you have been reading my blog, 
it appears that I spent my entire summer 
gallivanting around the countryside. 

Not true. 
There were plenty of weeks when we were at home...
and I spent my time cooking and cleaning...
and cleaning and cooking!

Photos of me cleaning, would not be interesting, 
but perhaps you like to see what we make for dinner.

Boneless Pork Loin Chops 
with Sautéed Mushrooms, Green Onion, and Garlic.


I have been experimenting 
with Homemade Rib Rub.

I cook them in my crockpot first, 
and they turn out so tender.

‘Tis the season for fresh Corn on the Cob.

Our new favorite is brushed with Coconut Oil and Lime Juice, 
then dusted with Smoked Paprika and roughly Chopped Cilantro.


Roasted Vegetables...so tasty!

A Massaged Kale Salad is the perfect side for BBQ Ribs.

The Beer Butt Chicken is 
another summertime favorite for us.



By now, you have figured out that 
we like to use our grill in the summertime.
It sure beats turning on the oven in the kitchen
when it is hot and humid outside.

These ingredients became 
a marinade for Chicken Breasts.

Overnight in a ziplock baggie, 
in the refrigerator...

Grilled to perfection.

Grilled Salmon is also such a treat.

Chicken Fajitas are a Quick Dinner 
for a busy weeknight.

Our Basil Plant is growing like crazy.
Here is my
Tuesday Tip of the Day:
After washing your herbs,
Use your Salad Spinner to dry them.

Homemade Pesto is so easy to make in a food processor.
Basil, garlic, toasted pine nuts, Parmesan cheese and olive oil.

Penne Pasta, Asparagus, Peas, Artichoke Hearts 
tossed with the Homemade Pesto.
Yum!

Check out my Pinterest Page 
if you are interested in any of these recipes.

Take care,
~Natalie

1 comment:

pam said...

Lots of yummy grilling going on!

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...