Thursday, March 28, 2019

What’cha Workin’ on Wednesday ~Things in my House Thursday ~Look Who’s Ready for Some Baseball

Chicken Tortilla Soup...one of my favorites.

Last night, I made a whole stock pot full.
I am happy to eat it for lunches, several days in a row!
Those are called “planned overs”, not “left overs”.

It is perhaps the easiest recipe to prepare, 
as it requires only opening a few cans.
Remember, I had shredded chicken in my freezer, 
as I had braised those breasts when our refrigerator went down.
However, you can use leftover rotisserie chicken 
or even a can of chicken.

I also added about a cup of chicken stock (not pictured), 
to create the soup-like consistency that I wanted.

This week I sold the last of these Spring Bunnies, 
so it looks like I should make another herd.

Remember this photo? 
Hubby spends all winter clearing snow off the driveway.
Then in spring, I spread it around in the warm sun to melt...
Back..on..the..driveway.

On Monday, I told you that our refrigerator was fixed. 
I was just kidding.
I discovered on Tuesday that it was not very cold inside.
Apparently it was still leaking Freon.
So the appliance repairman was back again yesterday.
This time...I hope for good.

Another big chore was chopping the ice and snow off our patio.
Thanks, Hubby.
Perhaps now, we can think about getting to our grill?!

The warm sunshine requires spring decor.

The pastel colors really do brighten up a room.

This centerpiece features the first wood bowl that hubby turned.
Along with a bunch of the wood carrots 
that we created together.

Do you see those speckled eggs?
Those are M & Ms with a Peanut Butter filling...
Say Whaaat?

While it is still looks snowy outside our window...

We are all dreaming of the Spring days to come.

And another sure sign of spring...
America’s Favorite Pastime is back.

Baseball players, coaches, grounds keepers,
and fans are geared up for Opening Day.

Who else is ready for some Baseball?

This Boy!

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Monday Memories ~Day Trip to Amicalola Falls ~Spending Time with Family ~Priceless

How lucky are this Papa and Gigi? We spent our last weekend on a day trip with our daughters, Son-in-law and grandchildren. Amicalola Falls ...