Monday, March 25, 2019

Monday Mania ~Here’s What’s Happening on the Home Front ~And a couple of Minor Inconveniences

I haven’t made homemade Yeast Bread 
since I last demonstrated for my Basic Foods Classes.
Lately, I’ve had the urge to get my hands in the dough again.

This is a no-knead bread, baked in my small Dutch Oven.
I added fresh Thyme and Rosemary.
I’ve started a Bread Board on my Pinterest Page,
and I’m looking forward to trying other recipes.

Our last snowstorm was a doozie!
It was so bad that even hubby’s office was closed...
He’s worked there for 31 years, and this was a first.

It was so bad that even Twist Cone 
postponed their season opening.

We cannot complain about our snow.
Cities and States to the south of us received rain.
Those folks have experienced devastating floods.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

As the blizzard blew in, 
our refrigerator gave out.
I reached in the freezer to get some ice, 
And found water in the trays!
Everything in the freezer had thawed.

I am thankful for our trusty old fridge in the garage.
It comes in handy when our family is home, 
and during the holidays.
And I guess, when our kitchen refrigerator fails.

So we cleaned this refrigerator out..completely.
Hubby took three large garage bags to the dumpsters.
I browned all the ground beef and braised all the chicken breasts.

After the weather calmed down, and the streets were cleared, 
an appliance expert made a housecall and delivered the diagnosis.
Repairing the refrigerator was the best option.
So today, for the first time in 13 days, 
things are chillin’ in our kitchen!

When it rains it pours...later that afternoon,
I was heading out to an appointment and my car didn’t start.
Seriously? On the same day??

Again, I am so thankful for hubby’s big pickup in the garage,
and his willingness to drive me to where I need to go!

And here’s what’s even better...
Good friends who help us out in a time of need.

Thanks, Alan, for working with Hubby 
to get the vehicle towed out for repairs.

This week, things are looking up.
The warm sun is slowly melting the snow.

And, I saw a robin in the tree just outside our kitchen window...
a sure sign of spring!

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...