Monday, May 6, 2019

Journey to Visit Family ~Travel Day ~You Know You are Far From Home When...

...This is where you stop for a quick errand on your way home.
That’s right, I traveled to the other side of the world to visit family.

For an international flight, 
it is recommended to check in 2 hours early.
This was the line at Fargo Hector Airport at 4:30 a.m.

It was a beautiful day at home...
the sun was shining, 
the birds were chirping, 
and the trees were budding.
I finished the tasks on my to-do list, 
and zipped my suitcase closed.

Hubby and I went the night before since it was an early flight.
We enjoyed a beverage and appetizers at Porter Creek.

Hubby ordered his favorite, The Mussels.

And I tried something new...
Breaded and Fried Goat Cheese,
Roasted Beets, and Arugula Salad.

First stop was in Denver.
The passengers all got off the plane,
Then less than an hour later, we boarded at the same gate, 
Got on the same plane, just with a different crew.

Next stop, San Jose.
Because I was now switching to a different airline, 
I needed to check in here to get a seat assignment 
and boarding passes.

However, there were technology issues and 
their computers were not working.
After several phone conversations with the Airport IT folks,
The problems were solved.

So how does someone spend a 
couple extra hours during a layover?
Naturally one orders a beverage 
and answer emails and messages.

I found a perch at this place, right across from my gate, 
with a clear view of the gate counter to observe their activity.
I was quite relieved to finally have boarding passes in hand 
and with 10 minutes to spare!

This was my “ride” across the ocean.

The ANA personnel were so courteous and accommodating.
Shorty after take off, beverages and lunch was served.

After that five course meal, 
we each got our own carton of ice cream for dessert.

If you have traveled internationally, 
you are familiar with the routine.
Immigration, collect luggage, customs, re-check luggage, 
pass through TSA again, and find your next gate.

I wasn’t the only weary traveler in Tokyo.

And then all that tiredness melted away when 
I saw our daughter waiting on the other side of the glass doors...

And again when we got up the next morning 
to hug this happy boy.

We are blessed.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...