Saturday, December 21, 2019

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year ~Christmas 2019 ~Where the Week Went ~Planning and Prepping

As I clean and organize the bedrooms & family room
I occasionally come across a few treasures...
like this precious photo.

This was what our Christmas looked like 26 years ago.
No, we women did not send out a memo to wear green,
And yes, our daughters are wearing matching,
home-sewn, Christmas Pantsuits.

I can’t wait to all be together again this Christmas!

While my days have been spent enjoying holiday preparations,
we do take a break to watch some Bison Football.

(I have yet to master the art of taking a bathroom selfie)

We all get into the Bison Football Spirit here.

My grocery list was so long it filled a legal pad.
I could not figure out why the supermarket was so busy...
and then I turned the corner into the liquor department.
It was their monthly Wine Sale, complete with samples!

I also enjoyed a little pampering for the holidays.
Thank you, Diane, for making me look young again!

This is why we are referred to as The Hub City.
A freight train is a frequent reminder to stop and just breathe.

This photo was in my Facebook Memories.
It is the last time I celebrated Christmas with my mom.
We had traveled to visit her at the Assisted Living Facility.
We brought a gift and some sweet treats.
She loved looking at the photos on my laptop
and I showed her how to take a selfie.

This photo, also in my Memories, is our old Farmhouse...
you remember that it was surrounded by water, but
we were able to drive out there over the ice.
This is before the vandals shot out all the windows
and broke in to steal precious family possessions.

While my Bison Tshirt is my Saturday attire,
this Tshirt is appropriate every..other..day..of the week.
Hallmark Christmas Movies do help
to make the Season Bright.

I have also been having some fun in the kitchen.
I made a big roaster full of Party Mix
for those that like a Salty Snack.

And a big roaster full of Homemade Granola
for those that like a Healthy Sweet Snack.

There are a few more tasks on my ToDo List,
but Hubby and I are enjoying planning and preparing
to have our family all together...
in just a couple of days!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...