Thursday, April 20, 2023

Sanford ~My Progress Report ~Good News…Very Very Good News ~A Renewed Independence

Yes, that is me behind the wheel.
I drove the car, all by myself, for the first time in 28 weeks.

Y’All remember the Neck Brace…
Driving was not even a consideration, and after wearing it for 12 weeks,
 I had to work hard at PT to regain my range of motion.

Naturally, the first place I drove was to Sanford.
The car might have known how to get there on its own?
Hubby has been chauffeuring me there, for appointments,
twice a week, since September.

I was looking forward to my Physical Therapy appointment when
we got home from our Spring Break Road Trip.
While traveling, we did try to take breaks and walk,
however spending four days in the car
can make anyone feel stiff and sore.

The calendar says it’s Spring and the sunshine is warm.
Here’s that outdoor eating area off the Sanford Cafeteria.
It was totally buried for weeks,
and now it is finally melting and emerging from the snow banks.

Another appointment with my Orthopedic Physician started here.
Here’s the good news…
The X-rays show evidence of healing this time!
Sooo, I have been officially discharged from his care.

That’s right…
After twenty eight weeks,
  Officially Discharged.

I was so relieved, I had to blink back tears.
Many of you know from personal experiences that
Recovery is a Full-Time Job.

And, where did I go on my second solo trip?
The Supermarket. If you know me well,
  you know this is one of my favorite outings.

I enjoy taking my time to enjoy the brilliant colors of the fresh produce, and
to appreciate the artistic way in which cuts of meat and seafood are displayed.
I like looking at new products, comparing prices, and studying the nutrition labels.


My healing work is not done. 
I will continue to build strength and endurance…
But I could not have gotten here without my Health Care Team,
along with the prayers and words of encouragement
from my Family and Friends.
Thank you.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Sunday Funday ~Spring Cleaning ~May Day ~Mother’s Day ~Much to Catch Up On

What a difference a year makes…This was me last year. I had “graduated” from Physical Therapy, I could drive again,  and was going on my fir...