Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Flag Day 2023 ~Celebrating the Birthday of our Stars and Stripes ~Grandma’s Heavenly Birthday ~Happy Birthday to my Blog

That is my Grandma, Hilda Natalie,
with her two sisters. Yes, my mother loved her middle name,
so I am named after her.
From left to right,
Emma 1890, Hilda 1893, Hazel 1898

This photo of Grandma and her class on their Confirmation Day,
is one of my favorites. I admire their beautiful white dresses and shoes.
I’m not exactly fond of their hairstyles.

Hilda married Henry Angaard on November 22, 1917.
In those days, women would get a really nice new suit to wear for their wedding,
and then for several special occasions that follow.

Grandma raised nine children.

Those nine children got married and had children and grandchildren of their own.
I have so many awesome memories of this family reunion, playing with my cousins.
The parents had to round us all up, line up on the floor across the front,
and sit still long enough for this photo.

My Grandma was proud to share her birthday with our country’s flag.

June 14, 1777, the United States approved
the design for our first National Flag.

It is a beautiful morning so I was out early to
display my flags in our planters.

This photo made my day earlier this morning!

Flag Day and Grandma’s Birthday…
It was fitting to introduce my Tins and Treasures Blog on this date.
Fifteen years ago.

This is my very first blog post.
I have made some good on-line friends over the years
and I appreciate all who follow along and leave kind comments.
Thank you,  precious family and dear friends.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Our Furry Friends are such Faithful Friends ~Sharing Some Sad News ~We said Goodbye to our Sweet Lizzie

It has been two weeks since we said goodbye and stood by her side as Lizzie crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Lizzie had the sweetest personality....