Friday, January 18, 2019

It’s That Time of the Year ~Looking for the Blog Worthy ~Where the Week Went

In January, the Holidays are just a Memory, 
and we all return to the ho-hum routine of our everyday life.
No one wants to see a blog post about me doing chores, 
but that is how I always start my day.
I wash up any dishes from the night before 
and wipe down the counters...
you know, to start the day with a clean slate.

Do you see that little sign hanging to the right of the sink?
It is this poem that starts
“Thank God for dirty dishes”

Karen, remember your mom taught us to recite that poem 
when I stayed with you at your house. 
We had to wash and dry all the dishes before 
we could go outside to play.

Years later, I taught the poem to our daughters,
and it makes me smile when they still recite it 
when they are home for the holidays!

Our week started with a FaceTime date with this sweet little boy.
We enjoyed visiting with his parents, too!

Another January problem, 
when you feel too fat and lazy to stand up to get a drink of water.

Here’s what I do miss about teaching...
the relationships with sweet, smart, talented young women, like these. 
This photo was in my Facebook Memories this week, and it made my day.
Now, these women have graduated college
and are working in career jobs, or are in graduate school. 

Hubby had to travel for work early in the week.
I prepared White Chicken Chili in the crockpot.
I had enough for four meals!

I mentioned before, since the New Year started,
 I have been working to reclaim my Sewing Studio.

To reward myself, I create something...
Currently making bunnies for Spring and Easter.

Stay tuned to see the finished project.

Last, but not least, 
this January problem.
Once again, our weather is 
the top story on our local newscast.

Take care,
~Natalie

1 comment:

pam said...

2 degrees!! And I was complaining because it was 30 here today!

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...