Sunday, February 16, 2020

Valentine’s Weekend ~Here’s My Report ~It All Started with a Lovely Dinner Party

It was a wonderful weekend to celebrate love.

We were invited to a Dinner Party with
our Friday Night Friends.
We get together every Friday to celebrate the weekend.
We are all retired, empty nester couples...
all of our children and grandchildren live far away.

Our hostess, Wendy set a lovely table.
The red heart doilies under our salad bowls stole my heart.

Here we are...the Galentines.

We all know that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
Wendy worked all afternoon on her Bolognase Sauce.
She kept it warm in her crockpot.

Charlotte prepared her Olive Cheese French Bread.

And Patty tossed her Salad with homemade dressing.

My assignment was dessert.
I made a Chocolate Ribbon Cheesecake
with a Strawberry Garnish.

Here’s my recipe if you are interested.

Here are our Valentines.

A gift from the heart...
There isn’t anything better than that.

This came to me in the mail this week
from my long time college friend, Debra.

I love, love, love, getting something in the mail
besides bills and junk.

“Much too good for Children”
Who else remembers this quote by Mrs. Trunchbull on Matilda?

Sending love over the miles.
Guess which card is from our grandson, Jack.

Of course, Hubby treats me like a Queen.
His coffee-themed card, a new mug, and a Starbucks gift card
came together to be the perfect Valentine.

I mean, here’s the bottom of my new mug!

So...our Valentine’s Day lives on with these chocolates.
You all remember those Crystal Candy Dishes on my table?
Hubby’s favorite candy on the left,
My favorite candy on the right,
And something for everyone in the center.

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Visiting Family ~Weekday Routine ~Some Recreational Shopping ~Another Burger Battle Entry

Like all busy young families, the weekdays are filled with work, school, and activities. This Papa and Gigi enjoyed being able to attend bot...