Thursday, May 14, 2020

What’cha Workin’ on Wednesday ~My Report ~Quarantine Question ~Do You Still Need a Mask? #flattenthecurve #slowthespread

Do you recognize our handsome neighbor boys?
Their mom asked if I made child-size masks.
I did not hesitate to seek out a pattern
and appropriate print fabrics.

A lucky find at Hobby Lobby was this
Dinosaur Print Fabric
for our Dinosaur loving Grandson.

None of these boys go out and about very often,
however, it is good to be prepared
in the event that they do.

Remember this photo? I created my first masks on March 29th.
Since then, I have made a batch or two nearly every day.

Every morning, we make coffee,
send messages to family and friends,
and watch the news while we cut and press.

The kitchen counter is just the right height for
cutting, pressing, and pinning.
Stitching is done in the Sewing Studio.

Blue tends to be the most popular color, and elastic
that goes behind the ears is the most popular style.

However, I am still using both patterns.
This is the one with elastic that goes around the back of the head...
much easier on your ears, especially if you
wear your mask for an extended length of time. 

Back in March, I decided I wanted to make masks
for family and friends at no charge.
But, I have accepted donations so I can purchase
more Mask Making Supplies.

In addition to some very generous cash donations,
I have received print fabrics and elastic,

A variety of Baked Goods.

Tasty looking Canned Goods,

And plants for our Outdoor Living Space.

Lizzie, our Helper Cat, provides excellent support...
well, most of the time, anyway!

Stay safe and well.
Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Time Spent with Family ~Odds and Ends ~Sweet Memories

Perhaps my most favorite thing is spending time visiting our adult children in their homes… Just being a part of their everyday routine make...