Monday, September 28, 2020

Happy Heavenly Birthday to my Daddy ~A Photo Collection of Some Special Family Memories

Family was important to my Father.
Here’s a Four Generation Photo with him, his mother,
and his grandmother holding me shortly after
I came home from the hospital.
We often gathered for a meal and spent Sunday afternoon together.

My Daddy was a Farmer.
He worked hard from Dawn until Dusk.
Then he’d come home to relax in his recliner...
and we had a little father/daughter bonding time.

Another Four Generation Photo Op with Daddy,
his father, and paternal Grandmother.
Pretty sure I was my Grandpa’s favorite little girl.

But this post is about my daddy.
He was a hardworking man of few words.
But when he spoke you knew
he had something important to say.

He treasured the time he spent with
family, friends, and neighbors.
And maybe his favorite thing to do was to play cards.

My daddy appreciated the simple pleasures.
When my mom made spaghetti,
she’d leave a couple of noodles in the colander just for us.

When he finished shaving, he’d put the cap
back on his electric razor and “shave” my cheeks too.
That little vibration tickled and made me giggle.

Today was his birthday.
He would be 102 years old.

I miss him every day, but maybe just a little extra today.
Happy Birthday, Daddy.

Take care, everyone.
Stay safe and well.

~Natalie

No comments:

The Sanford Heart Hospital ~Good News to Share ~Update on Great Grandma

Some of you remember this photo that I posted the end of January. Hubby’s mother had appointments at the Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls. The ...