Wednesday, November 17, 2021

My Weekend Crafting Retreat ~Winterfest Countdown ~Three Days

Here’re my Progress Report. I’m anxious to share photos
of our most recent creations.
Remember, I was working on these pillows last week.
Now, they look like Santas!

This year’s batch of Tins, created from recycled food cans.
There are at least half a dozen steps from start to finish,
with necessary drying time in-between.
Now they are lined with Tissue Paper, ready for you
to add a little candy, teabags, gift cards, jewelry?

Remember, Hubby and his Friend and Woodturning Mentor
had gone out of town for an Arts and Crafts Fair.
Here are Hubby’s creations on display.

I started my Weekend Crafting Retreat by
making a big pot of chili, to feast on for three days.

This is the recipe for Vegetarian Chili
that I have used for years.
I combined my favorites from this recipe into the
ingredients in a Chili recipe that our daughter sent..
That can be found on my Pinterest Page.

Here’s how those Santa Ornaments turned out.
Vintage Buttons are glued on, one..at..a..time.
Yes, it took several hours to get them all finished!

Saturday was Bison Game Day.
So Lizzie and I dressed in our Spirit Gear and found the game on ESPN+
Hubby has a cord to connect the laptop to his television,
and had it all hooked up for us.

Wasn’t long before Lizzie lost interest in the game.

Watching the game out in the Man Cave,
was a good opportunity for me to organize our
Tins and Treasures Inventory and pack the Storage Tubs.

A variety of Santas are looking for a Forever Home.

These have been created with Vintage Wool.

Here’s a peek inside that Burlap Santa Bag.

These little Snowmen have always been a favorite in our shop.
Here in the Midwest, we can keep snowmen  on display
from November until March!

When the Football Game was over, we watched Hallmark Movies.
Apparently Lizzie can stay awake for those.

If you are a fan, you know that you can
watch Hallmark Holiday Movies 24/7 now.

I’m pretty excited about how this Santa Turned out.

His Beard is created of Warm and Natural Fleece.

A Cinnamon Stick is the trunk of his Christmas Tree.
Vintage Buttons adorn his Coat.

I also have had requests for more owls.
I completed the hand stitching on this parliament.
Did you know that’s what a Group of Owls is called?

Three days until we load all of these Treasures
into our vehicles and move downtown.

Plan to Stop by and Say Hello!

Take care,
~Natalie

No comments:

Yay for Friday ~Where the Week Went ~Spring Cleaning ~Woodshop Creations

“Spring is in the Air” And Spring Cleaning is on my Agenda. It feels so good to let the fresh air and sunshine in, And clear all dust bunnie...